FIVE EASY STEPS TO PAINT KITCHEN CABINETS
Materials and Tools:
paint for base coat
1. After removing the cabinet doors, wipe them with warm soapy water to remove dirt and grime, and then rinse thoroughly.
2. Sand the surface completely so the primer will adhere and remove the dust. Note: Don’t skip this step; it’s critical for a long-lasting paint job.
3. Prime the entire cabinet (tint it as close to the final color as possible for faster coverage). Let dry.
4. Apply the top coat with a roller (for large areas) or brush (be sure to lay off the paint in even strokes for a nice finish). Let dry. If you want to take a short break, cover the roller and bucket with a plastic garbage bag.
5. To add texture, roll glaze over the top coat and drag a weaver brush held almost parallel to the cabinet vertically, and then horizontally right away to create a basket weave pattern.